Birthday Letter to my Middle son on his 10th Birthday

I had three boys in three and a half years, so the baby books in our house did not get the attention they deserved. To make up for my incomplete baby books, I started writing my boys annual birthday letters. Each year, on their special days, I write my boys letters detailing all the little things about their personalities that I love and cherish. Today, I am sharing the birthday letter I wrote to my middle son on his 10th birthday.


To my sweet, spunky, and "up for anything" son,

I can't believe that you are now in double digits. I miss the toddler with the unruly curls, but I couldn't be more proud of the boy you have grown up to be. You are an adventurous boy with a kind heart, and I feel very grateful that I get to be your mom. Here are a few of the things that make you the special 10 year old boy that you are:
  • You have tons of friends. People love to be around you, and you love to surround yourself with people.
  • You have a sparkle in your eye and a devilish grin.
  • You got an orthodontic appliance this year, and although it was uncomfortable and prevented you from eating some of your favourite treats, you never complained.
  • You love to be outside with your brothers running around. You love "fat bat" baseball (a game you made up), hockey, tag, frisbee, softball, etc... If you are moving, you are happy!
  • Hockey is your favourite sport, and you love road trips with your buddies.
  • You are constantly making playlists on your iPad. You love music, and you love to sing (when you don't think anyone is listening).
  • You are very clever, and you love to figure things out and build things. (You enjoy Sudoku and LEGO.)
  • You are always slow and often make us late when we are going places. You always need "five more minutes" or to complete "one more thing".
  • You love to cuddle. When I went on your class field trip this year, you sat on my lap and held my hand. You really don't care what other people think, and I admire your confidence!
You are strong willed, and sometimes drive me crazy, but you have a kind heart, and I wouldn't change a thing about you. I love you to the moon and back!

Love,

Mom xoxo


1 comment:

  1. This is the cutest wish I've ever read from a mother to his son. Such a lovely post that made my day. Stay blessed. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....