Corn Chowder and Biscuits

Is there anything better on a cold day than a nice warm cup of chowder? This corn chowder is easy to make, and it is delicious. Pair it with some flaky homemade biscuits for the perfect comfort food combination.


My corn chowder recipe is based on one created by one of my oldest and dearest friends. (Thanks, Darc!) 

Here's what you'll need:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
4 tbsp flour
4 cups milk (I use 1%... but you can use 2% or homo for a thicker, richer chowder)
1/2 cup blend (10%)
2 containers of Knorr Homestyle Stock Bouillon (or 2-4 tbsp of OXO chicken stock powder)
2 cups frozen corn
1-2 cups diced, pre-cooked potatoes (not soft)
grated cheddar cheese (for garnish)

Directions:
Melt butter on low/medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft. Gradually whisk in flour. Slowly add milk (whisking constantly). Add chicken stock, and continue whisking.

Add remaining ingredients, and heat on low until thickened.

Garnish with cheddar cheese and serve with homemade biscuits.


You can click here for my favorite biscuit recipe


Do you have a favorite comfort food when the weather gets cold? Give this corn chowder and biscuits recipe a try, and let me know what you think.


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

2 comments:

  1. What is 1/2 cup of blend?

    I do enjoy corn chowder, but I use creamed corn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's 10% cream. I always have it on hand because it is what I put in my coffee. :-)

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....