Finding Mommy "Me time"... when the children are home for the summer

I love the summer, and I love spending time with my kids. I enjoy making my boys picnic lunches and fun snacks, setting up water parks in our back yard, and going on summer adventures... BUT... as a mom who works from home, finding "me time" in the summer can be a challenge. Here are a few ways I find a little "me time" in July and August.


1) Squeeze out quiet moments whenever you can. Read a book while the kids play sports, or grab a coffee to enjoy while you are waiting for the kids to get their hair cut. Moments of quiet and solitude are rare, so take advantage when you can.


2) Use the time after the kids go to bed. Plan a late supper, or grab a glass of wine in the moonlight. Nighttime can be the perfect time to be alone, de-stress, and recharge your battery.


3) Watch a movie or TV show (alone) while you fold the laundry or make dinner. I often banish my kids to their rooms to read or play while I enjoy 30 minutes of peace to watch a show and fold the laundry/make dinner. I de-stress while being productive. It's a win-win scenario! And if you are looking for a few shows to watch this summer, three of my Netflix* favourites are:
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Gilmore Girls
  • Friends


How do you sneak in some time to yourself when the kids are home for summer? Do you have a favourite Netflix* show that helps you relax? I'm always looking for new suggestions.


Gina
(aka East Coast Mommy)


*Disclosure: I receive special gifts and perks as part of my affiliation with Netflix.... however (as always) the opinions on this blog are 100% my own.

1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks for this. and only a mother could have written this post.haha. Really good ways to squeeze some time out for ourselves. i liked this post . Thanks alot!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....